Thanks from the Java Developer

KvS keesvanschaik at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 19:04:44 EDT 2006

Well then I'll also take the opportunity to put in my 2 cts. In the
past I've tried several times to master Java as I at that time
understood it to be *the* hype wrt programming but never really
succeeded in getting beyond "Hello world" :D. Also got bored with all
the technicalities pretty much each time. Some time ago I discovered
Python, immediately liked the spirit of the language and the community
*a lot* and found myself practising with pleasure. I have no
education/profession wrt programming; as I wanted to write a small
application a few days ago after not programming for several months I
succeeded in just a few hours without using any references, somehow
Python is so "natural", at least to me, that your guess of what it
should be is most of the time just exactly right. :).

A big thanks to all the people out there contributing to the language
and/or this group, fantastic job!