The whitespaceless frontend

Chris Smith smitty_one_each at bigfoot.com
Sat Apr 15 21:28:16 EDT 2006

    Stelios> It had to happen :) http://pyvm32.infogami.com/EPL

    Stelios> Seriously, this is not so much about the whitespace as
    Stelios> for the new features, which might interest people who are
    Stelios> thinking about new features. More specifically, "methods"
    Stelios> and the "$" operator are really great and seem to solve
    Stelios> the problem with having to type "self." all the time.
    Stelios> The new syntax has been tested in core libraries of pyvm.

    Stelios> Feedback is welcome, but preferably not in c.l.py because
    Stelios> indentation can be a dangerous topic :)

    Stelios> Cheers,

    Stelios> Stelios

I submit that this kind of work will make generated code a lot easier.
There is this perverse joy I take in writing polyglot code, but I
wouldn't want to consider, say, some kind of UML model-driven python
code generator--the significant whitespace that's so dandy on the
human eye would be un-fun for non-trivial code.
Props,
Chris