New Karrigel page in Wikipedia

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Apr 12 18:18:41 EDT 2006

Ravi Teja wrote:
> You don't need to do that. You can always use your favorite templating
> system. I am using Cheetah.

actually, I got burned lots of times using template systems.  I think I
live by the minimum new scar tissue metric.  After all, the only
intuitive user interface is the mammalian nipple; everything else is
scar tissue.

>> if you want to play with it, let me know and I will update CVS at
>> https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/akasha with the current work in
>> progress
>
> Please do. I switched to Karrigell after problems with CherryPy in
> 'development mode'. I did find Karrigell amazingly simple and it just
> stepped out of the way but had all the things I thought were nice about
> CherryPy. Because of the simplicity, I did not have to deal with a
> single quirk so far. But maybe, I will like your framework better once
> I see it.

okay then.  I uploaded it but you must promise me that you will talk
with me the instant you have any problems.  It's still in the "you must
live in Eric's brain" documentation state.  I would not say no to any
help bringing this into a more human friendly state.

>> ps. If you check wikipedia it has some rather amusing uplifting
>> definitions for Akasha and Akasha records.  Although on bad days I think
>> of Akasha as a code sucking vampire draining the life out of my hands.
>
> Akasha in many [Asian] Indian languages means 'Sky' :-).

the two references I thought were the best was that a Akasha was the
same is aether and that Akasha records are thought to hold all of the
knowledge of mankind, known and unknown.  While I do expect that Akasha
will be useful to some people as a small to medium scale web application
environment, I do have enough visions of grandeur to think it might go
bigger.  ;-)

---eric