multiline comments

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Wed Apr 19 14:45:08 EDT 2006

rx wrote:

> I have commented out a lot of C++ code and miss the block feature in
> python more than I missed the nested comments in C++.
> Besides nothing really strange happened.
> Sometimes you just need to dissable some of the code temporarly as quickly
> as possible, and I like that it is not higlighted any more, since I will
> not look into it before I dissable the comment.

This is how I do it: select the lines I want to comment and ask Emacs to
comment that region.  It is the same command and method for "n" different
languages and I don't care if there is multiline comment support or not.
It is really as fast as inserting /* and ending with */ (in fact, I type
less than to achieve that since I only use three keys, counting the
Ctrl-Space to start the block).

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>

- Qualquer coisa dita em latim soa profundo.
- Anything said in Latin sounds smart.