Handling IP addresses with SimpleXMLRPCServer.

Jose Carlos Balderas Alberico josecarlos.balderas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 03:39:46 EDT 2006

Hello. I' m trying to use the client's IP address in a method defined inside
the SimpleXMLRPCServer. Up till now I'm able to verify that the client's IP
is an authorised one (I do this before calling the _dispatch method). I can
redefine the _dispatch method extending the SimpleXMLRPCHandler class, and
do something like

if (self.client_address[0] not in [list of IPs])
    raise self.UnknownIP, "Unknown IP address"

else
     *inserts SimpleXMLRPCHandler's _dispatch code in here*

This works just fine, but I need to do something else. I need to have the IP
address within the called method to know who's the client calling the
method, and act in cosequence. There are 4 possible clients who will be
requesting data from the server, and I need to check woh's actually
requesting them via IP.

Is there any way to handle the client's IP inside a method in the server?

Jose Carlos.