MinGW and Python

Brian Elmegaard brian at rkspeed-rugby.dk
Tue Apr 25 06:49:43 EDT 2006

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> It would certainly be possible to distribute a gcc-compiled python.
> However, what is the point in doing so? Cygwin already includes
> a gcc-compiled Python, for Windows:

Interesting.

> That is simply not true.

Actually, you answered me then too. I misunderstood after reading
http://sebsauvage.net/python/mingw.html.

Is the information on that page not correct? Has it never been?

> You can build the entire Python interpreter with Cygwin (but you
> don't need to, because there is a precompiled version), and you can
> build extensions for the python.org binary using MingW.

Great, then I tend to agree that there is no reason for building it
with mingw.

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html