socket connetion to url with port 80

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Apr 4 19:18:16 EDT 2006

"Sakcee" <sakcee at gmail.com> writes:

> I got the response using s.send("GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"),
>
> but this socket is being blocked by squid server that we have installed
> in our socket.

You don't have squid installed "in your socket".  You have it
installed on a computer.  Going through squid may indeed be the only
way of getting to the outside world, depending on how squid and your
network are configured.

> do you know how can i configure the squid to stop
> blocking the socket

If you don't already know the answer to that (or even if you did), I
wonder if you might live to regret delving into all this nonsense,
but, for example:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2617.txt

Or look at httplib.py and urllib.py from the standard library.

John