Can I export my datas in pickle format safely ?

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Sat Apr 1 16:36:36 EST 2006

In <mailman.3932.1143813928.27775.python-list at python.org>, DurumDara
wrote:

> I thinking about that I can use the pickle to serialize/load my datas
> from the file.
>
> But: I remember that in the year of 2004(?) I tried this thing. I store
> my CD informations in pickled objects (in files).
> And when I changed my python version from ??? to 2.3(?), and I get some
> error messages...

What are the error messages?  Pickled data should survive such a version
change.  Remember that even "text protocol" pickles are binary data which
may break across platforms if the files are not opened in binary mode for
writing and reading.  And all classes of the types that were pickled must
be "reachable" when unpickling.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch