Registration Code

Philippe Martin pmartin at snakecard.com
Mon Apr 3 14:19:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

A suggestion:

I would use encryption (ex: AES):

Hide a secret key in your code and generate an encrypted (readable: ex 07 7B
6F ....) version of the correct info (such as full release, or demo expire
in ...) with that very same key.

Have your software input that encrypted info (some GUI dialog box), decypher
the info then act accordingly.

The trick is: where to store that ? I would use some binary data file
(encrypted bziped pickle ?) with a hash or CRC built in to prevent obvious
tampering.

Hope that helps,

Philippe