just one more question about the python challenge

Jerry jweida at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 09:42:04 EDT 2006

This one threw me for a loop as well.  I looked at that gfx file for a
whole day before I finally understood what was in it.  I only knew to
separate it into five piles because of the hint forums though.  I guess
I'm not intuitive enough.  :)

I too did this challenge without PIL.  Just remember that all files are
just bytes of data.  Hopefully, that idea with the rest of the hints
will help you along.

On a side note, level 13 was really fun.  No images at all (whew!) and
I got to learn something about Python AND the other technology used.

As for level 14.... back to images.  I really didn't like this level
and it was the first time that I needed to find a solution.  Yes, I
cheated on this level.  I'm not proud of it.  But as it turns out, my
solution was correct, but I was going in the wrong direction.  I
figured as much from the hints in the forum, but when I reversed my
algorithm, it still ended up wrong.  I didn't realize that there were
four directions you could use to build the image.  I had only accounted
for two and both were not right. *sigh*

On to level 15.