2.5 excitement

Jay Parlar jparlar at cogeco.ca
Wed Apr 19 10:53:45 EDT 2006

On Apr 18, 2006, at 9:06 PM, Alex Martelli wrote:

> Funny timing coincidence: your 1st draft of Python for Dummies going in
> now, my 2nd edition of Python in a Nutshell just went to production,
> AND
> Wesley Chun's 2nd ed is also being finished this week.  Three
> Baypiggies
> (or whatever we'll have to call ourselves) all finishing Python books
> (be they new, or 2nd eds) all within one week of Easter -- what's the
> chances of THAT?-)

Wesley Chun is doing a second edition of Core Python? Oh wow! That's
the book I learned Python with oh so long ago(between 1.5.2 and the
mysterious 1.6). I told people for a long time that Core was the best
book with which to learn Python, but I stopped doing that as it's too
out of date now.

Glad to see Ruby isn't the only language getting a bunch of new good
books.

Jay P.