Memory limit to dict?

Olivier Langlois olanglois at quazal.com
Tue Apr 11 14:20:58 EDT 2006

That is a good observation!

Considering that hash tables to have good performance need to have a
fill rate of 70% or lower means that if you try to fit 3.6 GB of data
into a dict, your memory requirement will be much higher than 3.6GB.

BTW, this brings a new question. How does Python controls dictionnaries
fill rate, hash collisions and tables rehashes?

> I don't have the answer to your question and I'll make a new one:
isn't