What XML lib to use?

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 14 18:56:25 EDT 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Paul Boddie wrote:
>
>>>For stand-alone XML manipulation in Python, my point still stands:
>>>programs using DOM and SAX are more bloated and slower than
>>>the alternatives.
>>
>>Your point was that "there are no *sane* reasons to use SAX or DOM in
>>Python", which actually isn't true.
>
> I replied in the context of this thread.  If you chose to ignore the
> context, or if you're not capable of reading and understanding the
> posts you're replying to, that's your problem.

His interpretation of your words is a perfectly valid one even in the
context of this thread. "in Python" explicitly provides a context for
the rest of the sentence. In English, at least, it is perfectly
reasonable to presume that explicit contexts override implicit ones.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter