MySQL & Python

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Sep 20 17:52:30 EDT 2005

Ed Hotchkiss wrote:
> Just migrating now from ASP/to MySQL and Python.
>
> I am trying to create a simple script to access a MySQL DB.
> The Module for MySQL looks very easy, however I do not understand one
> thing ...
>
> In ASP, you can just create a new DB with Access. In MySQL, how do I
> create a database to start playing with? I see all of the commands to
> edits tables and values and move a cursor, but I do not see how I
> actually create THE INITIAL DB, any help would be appreciated. thanks.

A good way would be to look at DB Manager:

   http://www.dbtools.com.br/

The free version is quite acceptable. Then there's SQLManager, at

   http://www.sqlmanager.net/

which is also goos for visual database work on MySQL databases. Hope
this helps.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
PyCon TX 2006                          www.pycon.org