Python / web

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Thu Sep 1 17:30:54 EDT 2005

IMHO it all depends on the complexity required by the final product that
you are attempting to create.  For complex projects, it is hard to beat
Zope/Plone.  They have lots of built in things that you don't have to
write and are nearly infinitely extensible.  We recently chose Zope for
a project and have been very happy with the outcome.  With Zope it was
easy to design an AJAX API (connect via XMLRPC) and provide a WebDAV
interface to our applications which would have been extremely hard with
a lighter weight application engine.  The learning curve has been steep,
but no more steep than it would be to do in WebLogic or WebSphere.  With
flexibility comes complexity.  For less complex needs there are other
more lightweight things like CherryPy.

Hope info helps.
Larry Bates