cElementTree clear semantics

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Sep 25 16:21:25 EDT 2005

Reinhold Birkenfeld wrote:
> D H wrote:
> > I would recommend emailing the author of a library when you have a
> > question about that library.  You should know that yourself as well.
>
> Well, if I had e.g. a question about Boo, I would of course first ask
> here because I know the expert writes here.

Regardless of anyone's alleged connection with Boo or newsgroup
participation level, the advice to contact the package
author/maintainer is sound. It happens every now and again that people
post questions to comp.lang.python about fairly specific issues or
packages that would be best sent to mailing lists or other resources
devoted to such topics. It's far better to get a high quality opinion
from a small group of people than a lower quality opinion from a larger
group or a delayed response from the maintainer because he/she doesn't
happen to be spending time sifting through flame wars amidst large
volumes of relatively uninteresting/irrelevant messages.

Paul