Perl's documentation come of age

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Wed Sep 21 12:02:04 EDT 2005

Ed Hotchkiss wrote:
> I'm new to Python, not programming. I agree with the point regarding the
> interpreter.

I couldn't (with a quick skimming) find any references to the
interpreter in the thread, so I'll guess the original assertion was
something like "showing new-comers the interpreter is stupid and wastes
their time".

> what is that? who uses that!?

As a (more than) full time Python programmer, I can say that I use the
interactive interpreter daily, and it contributes significantly to my
prototyping of new code and reverse-engineering of existing code.  I
could imagine that other people might not find it that useful, but the
"who uses that!?" response is hard for me to understand.
--
Benji York