Simple Dialogs

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 29 16:14:07 EDT 2005

neil.fraser at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm looking for a lightweight dialog boxes from Python.
> JavaScript uses: alert(), confirm() and prompt()
> VB uses: MsgBox() and InputBox()
> EasyGui seemed perfect, but a "Hello World" application takes nearly a
> minute to execute after the program has been compiled by py2exe.
>
> There appear to be dozens of windowing toolkits avilable for Python,
> could someone point me in the direction of something lightweight?

If you can run it outside Python, then
    http://home.eol.ca/~parkw/index.html#gtk
will get you started.

If you must run it inside Python, then you should look into Python
wrapper for GTK+, and write the code yourself.

--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell