Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Gregor Horvath g.horvath at gmx.at
Fri Sep 30 01:02:36 EDT 2005

Paul Rubin schrieb:

> I don't know of a single program that's actually relying on the
> non-enforcement.  I've asked for examples but have only gotten
> theoretical ones.  As far as I can tell, the feature is useless.

Real open source live example from yesterdays mailinglists:

<Webware-discuss>
quick question:

I just updated both my python install (241->242) as well as updating
webware from the svn ( I know I should not have done both at the same
time) and when i tried to run webware (after running install.py again)
I received an error that in application.py at line 125 I could not do
float - none.  It appears to me that the Profiles.starttime is not
being set and so it defaults to none.  I added a line setting the
starttime to self._startTime which fixed the problem for me but I
thought I would pass the info to the group.  Has anyone else had this
problem?

</Webware-discuss>

--
Greg