Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Paul Rubin http
Fri Sep 30 00:50:43 EDT 2005

Gregor Horvath <g.horvath at gmx.at> writes:
> Are the numerous working python open source projects not multi-person
> software projects? Even multiple persons that even dont know each
> other and can discuss the latest news at the coffee machine?

There are not that many such projects being done in Python.  Maybe
this type of thing is the reason.

> The fact that they are working and there is not much demand for a
> bastion is a strong signal that pythons attitude: advise but not
> enforce is actually working.

I don't know of a single program that's actually relying on the
non-enforcement.  I've asked for examples but have only gotten
theoretical ones.  As far as I can tell, the feature is useless.