Shed Skin under Windows and OSX

A.B., Khalid abkhd at earth.co.jp
Sun Sep 18 12:31:59 EDT 2005

Mark Dufour wrote:
> > By the way, I read in your blog that you would be releasing a windows
> > intaller soon.
> > Have you, or anyone else, managed to do it?
>
> I just finished making a 20 MB (!) package for Windows XP (I'm not
> sure which older versions of Windows it will run on.) It includes the
> Boehm garbage collector and a C++ compiler (MingW), which hopefully
> will make it  really easy to create executables. However, I'm not
> releasing it until somebody with XP can test it for me :-) If you'd
> like to try what I have so far,  please download
> http://kascade.org/shedskin-0.0.2.zip, unzip it and follow some simple
> steps in the README file. I would really like to know about anything
> that doesn't work, or is unclear!
>
> BTW, I also fixed all OSX problems, but I'm waiting for a friend to
> give it a final test.
>
> What kind of program would you like to compile?
>

> thanks!
> mark.

Here is the very end of a very long output of unit.py run in Python
2.4.1 on WinXP Pro SP2:

[generating c++ code..]
*** compiling & running..
rm test.o test.exe
g++ -O3 -IG:/Downloads/Temp/ss2/shedskin -c test.cpp
g++ -O3 -IG:/Downloads/Temp/ss2/shedskin test.o
G:/Downloads/Temp/ss2/shedskin/libss.a -lgc -o test
output:
[3, 3, 3, 1097, 70201]

*** success: small factorization program by Rohit Krishna Kumar 124
*** no failures, yay!

:)

Well done. So what was causing that crash in test '__class__ and
__name__ attributes' after all?

I'll also try to test it on Win98.

Regards,
Khalid