Shed Skin under Windows and OSX

Mark Dufour mark.dufour at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 11:21:56 EDT 2005

> By the way, I read in your blog that you would be releasing a windows
> intaller soon.
> Have you, or anyone else, managed to do it?

I just finished making a 20 MB (!) package for Windows XP (I'm not
sure which older versions of Windows it will run on.) It includes the
Boehm garbage collector and a C++ compiler (MingW), which hopefully
will make it  really easy to create executables. However, I'm not
releasing it until somebody with XP can test it for me :-) If you'd
like to try what I have so far,  please download
http://kascade.org/shedskin-0.0.2.zip, unzip it and follow some simple
steps in the README file. I would really like to know about anything
that doesn't work, or is unclear!

BTW, I also fixed all OSX problems, but I'm waiting for a friend to
give it a final test.

What kind of program would you like to compile?

thanks!
mark.