I am not able to setup pydb2 ! Any help !

Wed Sep 21 16:22:09 EDT 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Scott David Daniels wrote:
>
>>MS is fairly determined to get you develop money; you may not
>>redistribute the C runtime with your app from the "free" stuff.
>
> that's a myth, based on a flawed reading of the MS license.  to repeat
> myself from various other fora:
>
> As long as you're using a standard Python build, you don't need to buy
> VC7 to [legally redistribute the C runtime]....

Thanks for correcting me here.  I did try and give a flavor of that by
saying that, if you installed a Python installation from a standard
source you were OK, but this helps elucidate it.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org