I am not able to setup pydb2 ! Any help !

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Sep 21 15:31:42 EDT 2005

Scott David Daniels wrote:

> MS is fairly determined to get you develop money; you may not
> redistribute the C runtime with your app from the "free" stuff.

that's a myth, based on a flawed reading of the MS license.  to repeat
myself from various other fora:

"As long as you're using a standard Python build, you don't need to buy
VC7 to [legally redistribute the C runtime]. The python.org team uses a
properly licensed VC7 to build Python, which turns Python into "licensee
software" and you into a "distributor" doing "further distribution" of Python
to end users (with your own stuff added on top, of course). And further
distribution is perfectly okay, as long as you only ship the MS components
together with proper "licensee software" (=Python), and that all parties
respect the relevant portions of the original EULA (this basically means
that you cannot use tricks to circumvent the MS EULA, e.g. by attempting
to relicense the MS DLL's under less restrictive licenses or "viral" licenses.
The same applies to all other licensed components, of course. You cannot
relicense the Python core either.)."
"(If in doubt, consult a real lawyer. If you do, make sure that he/she under-
stands the various levels here -- i.e. that "you" in the MS EULA applies to
the Python developers, not yourself)."

</F>