duplicate entries

jackie chang aafan10 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 15:32:23 EDT 2005

Dear Python Gurus:

I am a very new Python user, would really appreciate your help.

I used Python to write a web form for users to enter. The underlined database is Oracle. One validation needs to enforce to eliminate duplicates entries. For example: one customer ID can only be entered only one time from the website, if a duplicate customer ID is attempted to enter, a message should pop back to inform the user about the invalid entry. I am enforcing primary key in the underlined Oracle table

How can I code in python make this happen and get the message posted?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.