How to upgrade to 2.4.1 on Mac OS X tiger

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Fri Sep 9 16:55:03 EDT 2005

[Mike Meyer wrote]
> stri ker <striker at trip.net> writes:
> > Has anyone here upgraded from 2.3 to 2.4 on Tiger?
> > If so how'd ya do it?
>
> You don't. You install 2.4 in parallel with 2.3. You can do pretty
> much whatever you want with /usr/bin/python, /usr/local/bin/python,
> etc. - Tiger doesn't seem to use those. I don't remember if I replaced
> one or not, but don't touch anything else about the 2.3 installtion.
>
> I installed the darwinports version of 2.4, and have been using it
> ever since for all my stuff.

There are also the following install options:

- ActivePython:
  http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/
  (disclaimer: I make this distro)

- MacPython:
  http://undefined.org/python/#python
  by Bob Ippolito

- fink (similar in spirit to the darwinports project) also has a Python
  I believe

Trent

--
Trent Mick