Python Search Engine app

asmlinkage asmlinkage at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:55:16 EDT 2005

Will McGugan wrote:

> Wasn't Google's first search engine actualy written in Python?

I would'nt be surprised if they actually used python to do some
prototyping of their algorithms but I cannot imagine the search engine
actually being written in python.

Search engines consist of many sub-systems like spidering, tokenizing,
indexing, compression, ranking etc ... I think the main portion where
google or as a matter  of fact many search companies would use python
is probably for spidering and for all the glue that supports the system.