Python 2.4 under WinXP, free VC71 toolkit and VC6 libraries

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Sep 27 23:04:09 EDT 2005

Berthold Höllmann wrote:
> As I understand it, ctypes is not really a solution. The code is about
> data handling and FE analysis. It has not GUI component. I'm not sure
> how well ctypes works with Numeric arrays, but I'm sure ctypes does
> not work on Linux and Solaris, but my code has to.

Neither of those comments makes sense, so you probably _don't_
understand what ctypes is.  Not only does it definitely work on Linux,
but it has nothing to do per se with GUI components, and should work
fine for "data handling" of just about any kind that is done by a DLL.

I'm not sure what you were thinking of, but it probably wasn't ctypes.

-Peter