Help installing Python 2.3 on Win2K

mensanator at aol.com mensanator at aol.com
Fri Sep 23 19:10:06 EDT 2005

D.S. Hein wrote:
> I have installed python 2.3 on my Windows 2K laptop and I can run python
> from the command prompt.
>
> I have tried various ways to set PYTHONPATH with the various directories
> where I have python programs (i.e. xxxxxx.py) but no matter how I set
> PYTHONPATH I keep getting a message that python can't open the python
> file. If I try to specify the full pathname by typing: python
> c:\Documents and Settings\-rest of path- I get an error message that
> python can't open c:\Documents.

Put the path inside quotation marks just as you would any other
command.

C:\>dir C:\documents and settings\a*

C:\>dir "C:\documents and settings\a*"
 Volume in drive C is XXXXPXXABA
 Volume Serial Number is 90C0-740E

 Directory of C:\documents and settings

07/16/2001  08:40a      <DIR>          Administrator
07/29/2005  08:20a      <DIR>          All Users
               0 File(s)              0 bytes
               2 Dir(s)     772,973,568 bytes free