PyGTK or wXPython?

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Tue Sep 13 05:45:16 EDT 2005

> (I do not use/program/own any McOS system, so I cannot
> tell you anything about the Apple Platform).

WxPython _can_ give you a native Mac "look and feel", if you are
willing to take into account certain issues (such as e.g. menu bars not
tied to windows, no MDI, no multi-pane etc.). It is afaik _not_
automatic.

PyGTK uses X. There are window managers available which try to emulate
an Aqua "look", but there's afaik no way to detach the menu bar from
the window etc...

If you are willing to GPL your own applications, PyQt is another
option.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang Keller