A Moronicity of Guido van Rossum

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Sep 29 19:39:48 EDT 2005

On 30/09/2005, at 9:50 AM, Delaney, Timothy (Tim) wrote:

> You have to admit though, he's remarkably good at getting past
> Spambayes. Despite classifying *every* Xah Lee post as spam, he still
> manages to get most of his posts classified as 0% or 1% spam.

I can't believe that people are using c.l.p trolls as justification
in their push to add white/black-listing to spambayes now <wink>.

I expect that if you look at the clues for such messages, you'll find
that any 'Xah Lee' clues are swamped by lots of 'c.l.p message'
clues.  A big problem with filtering mailing lists at the user end
(rather than before the post is accepted) is that the mailing
software adds so many strongly-correlated clues.  It's made worse
because he uses so many words that you'd expect to find in legitimate
c.l.p messages.

To fight this sort of message, I think spambayes would have to be
able to understand the context more.

=Tony.Meyer