Create and display an email

Adam Endicott leftwing17 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:30:59 EDT 2005

I've got a wxPython based windows GUI application that takes some input
and creates a PDF file output. At the end, I need to create an email
message with this pdf file attached ready for the user to just hit
"send". I don't want to actually send the email automatically, I just
want to pop up a message in the default mail program that's ready to go
(partially because the person might not be online when the email is
created, this way they could just put it in their Outlook outbox).

I can't figure out how to do this. I've tried using
webbrowser.open('mailto:...'), which works, except that I can't add an
attachment that way (at least I haven't been successful). And I don't
know any other way to open up a message in the default mail program.

There has to be something obvious that I'm missing here. Any
suggestions?