Sockets: code works locally but fails over LAN

n00m n00m at narod.ru
Fri Sep 2 13:21:03 EDT 2005

My today's tests (over LAN).
I think *it* will drive me mad very soon.

Firstly I tested both Bryan's codes. And they worked fine!
Just as if they were tested locally!

Then I tested Fredrik suggestion. And it worked out too.
Expect unexpected, - as they say.

At last I decided to test my own version (just for the
experiment's purity). And... pfffff... it worked OK!

What happened to those machines over the night?
NOTHING! Nobody can access them but me.

Then I decided to test it from other ("the third") machine.
And again both Bryan's codes worked out like champs.
But my own ... failed! (as usually)!

Then I ran the vbs from the 4th machine...
Bryan's and *mine* worked OK...

Bryan wrote:
> The client is trying to make more than one connection.
I don't think so. Look at the very first line of the vbs:

Set cn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

Create .Connection! NOT .Connections.

> Glad it worked, but I'd still disrecommend IDLE...
But it does NOT work without IDLE!

PS:
> Oops, one more bug^H^H^H improvement.
> I forgot to shutdown writing.
LOL Thank you! But while I don't understand what's going on
with the core part of the code this improvement doesn't much
matter.