TKinter, Entry objects and dynamic naming

Ian Vincent i_vincent at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 13 05:44:48 EDT 2005

Ian Vincent <i_vincent at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns96D05B2832C99ivincenthotmailcom at 10.15.188.42:

> I have looked at using a dictionary but I cannot get my head around
> how to do that either.

I have tried this now but the Entry field just does not seem to work:

def add_variable(self, root, varname):
     Label(root, text=varname + ': ').grid(row=self.row, column=0,
sticky=E)
     self.properties[varname] = StringVar()
     value = Entry(root, relief=SUNKEN, justify=LEFT,
textvariable=self.properties[varname])
     value.grid(row=self.row, column=1, sticky=E+W)
     self.row = self.row + 1
     return value

Confused. :-(