GUI on Macintosh

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 23:50:50 EDT 2005

Joshua.R.English at gmail.com wrote:
> I am using Python 2.3.3 on an Mac OS9 system.  I am looking for a build
> of Python 2.3.3+ with a built in GUI, since Tk is missing.  One day I
> hope to upgrade to a new Mac with OSX on it, so a GUI that is available
> on OS9 and OSX is preferable.  I don't want to write my GUI code from
> scratch if I ever manage to upgrade.
>
> Any suggestions?

Try as hard as you can to get Tkinter running.

But if that fails, look at what the IDE is using. I believe the waste
module is still distributed with some versions of MacPython for OS X
(none of them recent). I don't think there's a whole lot of
documentation, but if Tkinter won't work, that's your only bet.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter