PID and/or handle assistance. . .?

Michael Williams mwilliams at mgreg.com
Sat Oct 22 17:23:23 EDT 2005

On Oct 22, 2005, at 1:16 PM, python-list-request at python.org wrote:

> Michael Williams wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> Can anyone explain how to both spawn processes from PYTHON and
>> acquire their process IDs or a handle to them for use later?  I'd
>> also like to acquire the stdout of each spawned process.
>>

> Google dead today? Well, check out the modules subprocess, popen2
> and os.
>
> Regards,
>
> Diez

No, Google certainly isn't dead.  I simply figured I'd ask those in
the know instead of mindlessly meandering the web.  Anyway, I've
checked out the OS module and although I can find examples of
say .fork, and .popen, they aren't extremely informative or
straightforward.  Any other ideas/examples?

Regards