Microsoft Hatred FAQ

joe at invalid.address joe at invalid.address
Tue Oct 18 13:34:18 EDT 2005

"John W. Kennedy" <jwkenne at attglobal.net> writes:

> Michael Heiming wrote:
> > Let's not forget about the Internet, they invented together with
> > Al Gore and of course the wheel!
>
> No fair picking on Al Gore. All he ever claimed was that he was the
> Congressional point man for the "Information Superhighway", which he
> was.

Well, what he said was

  "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
   initiative in creating the Internet."

What you say he did is what he actually did, but what he said gives a
different impression. I don't think he's careless or stupid, so I
think he said that in order to create the impression in the minds of
the people listening to the interview that he's responsible for the
internet.

That's just what politicians do, regardless of party affiliation.

joe
--
Gort, klatu barada nikto