Microsoft Hatred FAQ

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Mon Oct 17 17:25:54 EDT 2005

"Mike Schilling" <mscottschilling at hotmail.com> wrote:

> "John Bokma" <john at castleamber.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns96F1E4E128EA8castleamber at 130.133.1.4...

>> Yup, but ISO C++ is a standard, and XML is a recommendation.
>
> And the practical difference between the two is....
>
> That's right, nil.

If you both read them as a collection of words, you're right. However, as a
(freelance) programmer, things like this *do* make a difference to me, and
my customers. Otherwise I can suck on my thumb, write some words on a piece
of paper, and call them standards myself.

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/