Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Luc The Perverse sll_noSpamlicious_z_XXX_m at cc.usu.edu
Tue Oct 25 19:47:21 EDT 2005

"Steven D'Aprano" <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote in message
news:pan.2005.10.25.23.08.43.351 at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au...
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:51:02 -0700, David Schwartz wrote:
>

>> "Steven D'Aprano" <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:pan.2005.10.25.16.12.33.746996 at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au...
>>
>>> The first two points are factually wrong, and the third is an opinion
>>> based on the concept, as far as I can see, that Microsoft should be
>>> allowed to do anything they like, even if those actions harm others.
>>
>>     Of course this alleged "harm" is simply a lack of a benefit.
>>
>>     Why is Burger King allowed to close at 10PM? That harms me when I'm
>> hungry after 10.
>
> Burger King doesn't take actions to prevent you from going to another
> vendor who will stay open after 10PM, as you very well know.
>
> Nor is Burger King a monopoly -- if they refuse to open after 10 in the
> face of great demand, they only harm themselves. As I said a few days ago,
> it is not the place for either us or the government to care about the
> success or failure of any specific vendor, but only about the health of
> the entire market. As there is no shortage of competition in the fast food
> market, the harm done to you by Burger King's refusal to open after 10PM
> is not sufficient for anyone to care. If there is significant demand, then
> Burger King will merely harm themselves by refusing to open because they
> will lose customers to those vendors who do open, and if there is
> insignificant demand, then why should anyone care?

NO!  There ~is~ a conspiracy by Egg farmers to not make burgers available
before 10 am.

Burger King used to be one of the last great vestiges of the 24 hour burger,
and now it's gone.

They know no one would buy the shitty egg McMuffins/equivalent if they had
delicious burgers available, so there is something underhanded going on
behind the scenes.

Same thing with pizza.  Don't try to tell me that there are not hungry
partiers at 3 am - but are any of the delivery places open?  NO!

Why is it this way?  Who knows!  But when in doubt, blame the right wing
extremist politicians.

--
LTP