Microsoft Hatred FAQ

David Schwartz davids at webmaster.com
Tue Oct 25 14:44:16 EDT 2005

"Peter T. Breuer" <ptb at oboe.it.uc3m.es> wrote in message
news:lgs133-7ub.ln1 at news.it.uc3m.es...

>>     Yes, it certainly is. However, it is also Microsoft's right as a
>> seller
>> to refuse discounts to those who also sell competing products. You may
>> not

> No it is not their "right"! That would be a discriminatory practice,
> not to mention an anti-competitive practice. Totally.

    Businesses have the right to be discriminatory and anti-competitive in
this way. McDonald's won't sell a Burger King their burger patties. This is
both discriminatory and anti-competitive, but also perfectly legal, moral,
and proper.

    You only run into a problem under United States law if the company is a
monopoly. And I've already addressed that issue in this thread.

    DS