Python on the Power PC

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Oct 10 03:17:36 EDT 2005

Peter Milliken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I (think I have :-)) installed Python on my Pocket PC (obtained from
> http://fore.validus.com/~kashtan/).
>
> There were Tkinter binaries with it so I installed those as well. When I
> attempt to run the most simplistic of python programs using Tkinter, I get
> an error message stating that Python can't find any tkinter module.
>
> Any ideas what I have done wrong anybody?
>
> Thanks
> Peter
>
> import Tkinter
>
> if __name__ == '__main__':
>   root = Tkinter.Tk()
>
>   root.title('Hello World?')
>
>   root.mainloop()

Are you sure it didn't say "_tkinter" was what it couldn't find?

On my Windows system the Tkinter.py file tries to import an extension
(compiled C) module called _tkinter (provided as _tkinter.dll) that
provides the low-level Tkinter functionality. It's likely that that's
missing.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119