Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Greymaus greymaus at cableone.net
Sun Oct 16 13:27:44 EDT 2005

Tim Hammerquist wrote:

> I loved my little CoCo!  I had the original CoCo, upgraded with
> the 5 1/4" floppy drive, and later upgraded the whole system to
> CoCo 3 with OS9.

I put the piggyback RAM board in, which gave me, I think, 1 Meg of RAM.
I also found that the whole system ran faster and better (especially
under OS9) with two floppy drives.

Programmed that puppy in OS9BASIC and 6809 Assembler...Much preferred
the Assembler.  A lot less confusing than Microsoft's assembler!  But I
had to shift over to PCs when I figured out that Tandy wasn't supporting
the CoCo system. They took the  40-connector extension boards out of
their inventory and that killed the market right there.  Another raid
from Microsoft?