Jpg

c d saunter christopher.saunter at durham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 14:41:38 EDT 2005

Tuvas (tuvas21 at gmail.com) wrote:
: I am building a GUI interface at the moment, and would like to have
: support for displaying a jpg file, and a FITS file if possible. Is
: there any way to do this? My interface has been written in Tkinter at
: the moment, especially because of it's great portability, I wouldn't
: have to install the other interface software on every computer that I
: use (At the moment it is 3, and will signifigantly increase). I'd
: prefer to only use built-in functions, but if it can't be done, I'm
: willing to look for something else. Is there any way I can do this?
: Thanks!

Plenty of ways to do it, although I'm not familiar with TKInter so I'll
leave that part to someone else.

You might find pCFITSIO usefull reading the FITS files though.
http://panoramix.stsci.edu/~npirzkal/python/pcfitsio/
You would then use some python code or the PIL module to convert the FITS
data in a suitable format for TKInter.
---

cds