Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Rhino no.offline.contact.please at nospam.com
Sat Oct 15 12:56:05 EDT 2005

"Real Gagnon" <realgagnon_ at _yahooSpamIsBadSstripunderscore.com> wrote in
message news:Xns96F0827ADD1F8realhowtowwwrgagnonc at 140.99.99.130...
> > I'd be VERY surprised if IBM predicted that there would be only 5
> > COMPUTERS in *2000* - perhaps you mean 5 *manufacturers* of computers?
> > - unless the prediction was made a VERY long time ago. I think you are
> > giving a badly-mangled version of something I saw when I worked at
> > IBM.
>
> "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." ~ IBM Chairman
> Thomas Watson, 1943.
>
> ref : http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Computers
>
> Bye.

I stand corrected; I understated the world market by 2 units and was 4 years
late in my guesstimate for the timing of the quote :-) Oh well, not bad for
something I read 10 years ago....

Rhino