Microsoft Hatred FAQ

Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen lasse at vkarlsen.no
Fri Oct 28 04:20:01 EDT 2005

David Schwartz wrote:
> Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen wrote:
>

>>David Schwartz wrote:
>

>>>    Burger King won't let you sell Whoppers or buy their burger
>>>patties wholesale no matter what you want to call your store unless
>>>you take the whole franchise deal. It's an all-or-nothing package.
>>>With very few limits, companies do get to choose how their products
>>>are branded, marketed, and sold.
>

>>Yes, and that's not what Microsoft has ever done. There have always
>>been lots of shops selling Microsoft merchandise without being a
>>Microsoft franchise in the sense Burger King shops are.
>

>     Right, Microsoft imposed a lesser restriction. They allowed you to sell
> competing products, but charged you a fee.
>

>>That's why I still say your comparison is a bad one.
>

>     It shows that Microsoft's purportedly draconian restrictions are much
> less than restrictions that people don't even bat an eye at.
>
>     DS

Ok, let me just make my opinion very clear on this and then I'll just
leave this thread altogether.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges so whatever conclusion you
manage to draw from that is in my eyes invalid. It doesn't matter, in my
opinion, if you managed to conclude that Microsoft was the saints
themselves because, in my opinion, your reasoning is not valid. I'm not
saying one way or the other, I'm just picking at your reasoning.

To me it sounds like concluding that the prices of RAM will drop because
the swallows are flying high this fall.

But enough, I'll just leave it.

--
Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen