Batteries Included?

Alex lidenalex at yahoo.se
Tue Oct 11 01:56:39 EDT 2005

One of the first things I wanted to do when I start learning Python was
to produce a simple standalone application that I could distribute to
my users (windows users). Python's moto is "Batteries Included", but
where are the batteries for making exe files and making an installer
file? I had to download, install and use py2exe and Inno Setup in order
to accomplish this. I might be wrong expecting that a language whose
moto is "Batteries Included" would be able to produce exe files. Are
there plans to do this in the future version of Python?

Alex