Microsoft Hatred FAQ

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Tue Oct 18 14:02:53 EDT 2005

Eike Preuss <mail at eikepreuss.de> wrote:

> John Bokma wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> I see little difference with other big companies. You're right that
>> there is no excuse for such behaviour, but if MS isn't doing it,
>> another company will take their place.
>
> And if companies are allowed to behave this way (because of your
> 'nice,fatalistic' argument), this will never change.
> Showing companies that you don't excuse such behavior would include
> not buying there products, using other products, whatever. To say that
> they are just playing the evil part that somebody *has* to play, is to
> excuse their behavior, IMO.

If you think you can direct the development of human behaviour by not
buying a Microsoft product, be my guest. I rather waste my time on other
things. I think your "this will never change" is wrong, but it certainly
will not change in my lifetime, and I doubt if this kind of human behaviour
is going to change in many centuries to come.

--
John                   Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
               Perl programmer available:     http://castleamber.com/