Adding a __filename__ predefined attribute to 2.5?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Wed Oct 12 11:18:19 EDT 2005

Rune Strand wrote:
> Excuse me, do you suffer from a bad hair-day? I didn't say it is
> platform independant. It's ok for my use on Linux and Windows. If you
> cannot imagine any other usecase for a __filename__ attribute, that's
> your problem, not mine.

I think you are the one who wants __filename__, not me. So I don't have
to have any usecase for it.

And requesting random features built into the interpreter without even
specifying a usecase  - as remote as it may be - isn't very likely
happen, don't you think? Which I wanted to express with my apparently
misunderstood solve_my_problem()-example.

And if your solution isn't platform-independent and one (several people
actually) provides you with one that is short and concise and no
overhead at all - well, that _could_ trigger a "cool, didn't know about
that"-reaction. But obviously, it hasn't.

Diez