Windows vs Linux [was: p2exe using wine/cxoffice]

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Wed Oct 26 15:19:17 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 07:20, Tim Golden wrote:
> I'm sure you're right: given moderately naive users, a Windows box
> is *extremely* likely to be zombified. It's just that it doesn't
> have to be that way with the proper care and attention.

With $200 dollars of antivirus software (on top of the $200 OS), incessant
reminding of users to not open email attachments or install "free"
screensavers and such, disabling vbasic on every program, daily iterations
through the windoze updating cycle, and putting the machine behind a Linux
firewall, your windows machine probably wont get zombified. Or you could just
do the reasonable thing and erase the hard drive and install Linux.

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com/