connect to https unpossible. Please help.

Mark Delon mark.delon at gmx.at
Fri Oct 21 04:29:36 EDT 2005

Hi Tim,

really than u very much!

I think u have helped me!

I will try, that what u said.

I have found probably simplier solution.
Is it so?

...but without success:-(.

I want to download some URLs via python script.
With some URLs I have success with some NOT.
Why?
I do following:
===============
1. Login to https://brokerjet.ecetra.com/at/welcome/register/loginpage.phtml
via Mozzila browser
2. I try to download some URLs using cookies: see script bellow:
3. Some pages works (e.g. news, but on some pages I get:
--
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test_stock.py", line 11, in ?
    r =
opener.open("https://brokerjet.ecetra.com/at/trading/wt.phtml?isin=NL0000240000&exid=ETR")
  File "C:\Programme\Python24\lib\urllib2.py", line 358, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "C:\Programme\Python24\lib\urllib2.py", line 376, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "C:\Programme\Python24\lib\urllib2.py", line 337, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "C:\Programme\Python24\lib\urllib2.py", line 1029, in https_open
    return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
  File "C:\Programme\Python24\lib\urllib2.py", line 996, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error (10061, 'Connection refused')>

Details- Script:
=================
I make login via Mozilla browser

import os, cookielib, urllib2

cj = cookielib.MozillaCookieJar()
os.environ['HOME']= r"C:\tmp\COOKIE"
cj.load(os.path.join(os.environ["HOME"], "cookies.txt"))
opener = urllib2.build_opener(urllib2.HTTPCookieProcessor(cj))
# first URLs download works
r =
opener.open("http://brokerjet.ecetra.com/at/news/index.phtml?notation=7536885")
# second URLs download DOES NOT work ... WHY?
r =
opener.open("https://brokerjet.ecetra.com/at/trading/wt.phtml?isin=NL0000240000&exid=ETR")
#
h = r.readlines()